Defund Climate Chaos Trade Union Briefing
Monday 3 October
As the Climate Crisis gets worst, people across the world are rising up to demand an end to the extraction and financing of fossil fuels. Fossil fuel companies and energy companies' profits keep rising while people are plunged into more poverty and spiralling cost of living. Workers and trade unions are a crucial part of this movement.
In this briefing, you'll be equipped with the knowledge, skills and resources you need to get your trade union branch to start taking action for climate justice.
The workshop will cover:
- An introduction to the Defund Climate Chaos coalition
- An introduction to the role UK banks, fund managers and insurers play in supporting and sustaining the fossil fuel industry - and the role this plays in driving the climate crisis
- The links between the Cost of Living Crisis and Fossil Fuel finances
- The role trade unions can play in combatting the financing of fossil fuels
- An overview of the Defund Climate Chaos trade union motion
- How to get the Defund Climate Chaos motion passed in your branch
This training will be held over Zoom. You will receive a link to join the call upon registering.